Move Against Migraine: American Migraine Foundation
Move against Migraine is a new initiative started by American Migraine Foundation.
About The American Migraine Foundation
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing research and awareness surrounding Migraine. This disabling disease impacts 36 million men, women and children in the United States. The AMF was founded in 2010 to provide access to information and resources for individuals living with Migraine and their loved ones. Working alongside the American Headache Society, the AMF’s mission is to mobilize a community for patient support and advocacy. As well as drive and support innovative research that will lead to improvement in the lives of individuals living with Migraine and other disabling diseases that cause severe head pain.
AMF launched the Move Against Migraine initiative to help educate individuals about Migraine, as well as resources, such as information on treatment and experts.
What is Move Against Migraine?
- Move Against Migraine integrates advertising, public relations and social and digital media, and radio and television public service announcements.
- Through the initiative, the AMF intends to change the conversation around Migraine and mobilize a large community to advocate for themselves and others to increase funding for research.
- The initiative aims to help individuals:
- Learn more about Migraine and their treatment options via AMF online research and education library.
- Find help by visiting our website to connect with migraine experts (there is a Find a Doctor tool). Learn from content developed by renowned migraine experts, or search for a clinical trial investigating new treatment options.
- Get connected by joining our Move Against Migraine community on Facebook. Use your voice on social media to join others living with migraines and other diseases that cause severe head pain.
- The Facebook group, Move Against Migraine connects leading migraine and headache specialists with those living with Migraine and other diseases that cause severe head pain. The platform features regular Facebook Live events with migraine experts, information and research updates.
- Partners and advocates such as myself are featured and found in articles on varying topics.