Migraine Awareness Month 2016
Migraine awareness month 2016 is here. June is National Migraine and Headache Awareness Mont and I have a few things planned to raise awareness and have a little fun.
I’m going to show you how I wear migraine awareness (and giveaway some things to wear yourself!), I’ll mention some great causes you can donate to, give you other ways to support migraine awareness and Giveaway some of the things I use!
***********STAY TUNED DAILY TO SEE UPDATES***************
Rule your Headache Disorder
This year’s Awareness Month theme is Rule Your Headache Disorder. To “rule” our headache disorders, we have to take charge of our health and health care. Stay actively engaged in your own treatment. Read more at Health Central.
Each day I will be posting a prompt for you to learn and pass on through social media. Please be sure to follow me on:
I am posting facts and you can share it on to make some “noise.” It will get people talking about migraine and headache disorders.
Migraine and Headache Awareness Month 2016
Here are some hashtags you may want to use. These have all been defined at www.tagdef.com.
- #MHAM Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- #clusterheadaches Cluster Headaches
- #migraine Migraine
- #headache Headache
- #chronicmigraine Chronic Migraine
- #hemiplegicmigraine Hemiplegic Migraine
Special Thanks to Terry Robert and Tammy Rome for putting the prompts together.
Migraine Facts: 2016
- 75% of the world’s adults had a Headache or Migraine in the last year.
- The majority of people with Headache and Migraine are not diagnosed.
- Accurate diagnosis of cluster headaches can take years
- @WHO says Migraine is the 8th most disabling disease in the world.
- Migraine can and does kill through stroke and suicide.
- Patients with NDPH usually know the exact date their daily headache started.
- Social Stigma increases the burden of living with Migraine.
- Migraine is a neurological disease caused by genetics and a hypersensitive brain.