Migraine Gifts: What to Get to Help
Every year I get migraine gifts for Christmas. This year for Christmas, I got a migraine! Well, actually I got 4 days of insane nausea (including throwing up) plus tons of pain EVERYWHERE! This did not come as a surprise to me. I had traveled the weekend prior to different climates and came home to stress with my family that completely threw me over the edge. So I spent my Christmas Eve, Christmas, both before and after the way I spend most holidays (smiling on the outside and really battling inside). So today is the first day I’ve been well enough to look through my gifts and reflect. I got some great gifts that I thought I’d share. None of these I am sponsored by and have tried to refrain from showing brands.
My Migraine Gifts
- Heated neck wrap- I use both heat and ice for different reasons. I already have this neck wrap but got another one because it’s one of my favorite migraine gifts. My old one has broken down over time and once I find things I love, I tend to buy them again. I love the weight on my shoulders and neck. I even lay it on my face and head for sinus pressure.
- Headphones- My husband bought these for me and I am excited to use them! I don’t like ear buds. I have a small head and the buds hurt my ears. So I got some headphones that will reduce noise, are super comfy, and will help me while I fly. I’m so sensitive to noise and know I will use them a ton. If you notice, my headphones and water bottle are purple which is the Migraine Awareness color.
- Essential oil– I still have not found a brand and type of oil that I’m in love with so I use a variety in my search. The kind I received is in a roller that I will keep in my purse. It has a pleasant smell that I can use to distract me from heavily saturated smelly places and on my pressure points to help me relax. I currently have one and use it often when I’m out and feel my migraine raising.
- Yoga pants- I try to move and stretch my body as much as possible. As a stay at home mom and woman who fits in a workout where she can, I live in workout pants. I know it’s a running joke about wearing workout clothes out but I’m busy and if I’m dressed to move, I do. Working out helps my migraine and sometimes escalates them so it’s a balance. Even without migraine, I love this gift!
- Love, hope, migraine tshirt- I have been trying to support migraine awareness by wearing clothing that talk about migraines. I have supported foundations and received tshirts and I have received ones like this that have the word migraine on it. I like to wear these clothes in hopes that someone will ask me about migraine awareness or feel comfortable to talk to me about their situation. Just wearing a tshirt brings awareness.
- Infusion water bottle- I try to drink as much water as possible to stay hydrated. I get sick of water! I got an amazing infusion water bottle with recipes to flavor my water naturally. When I buy flavored water I see ingredients that I don’t know and what I don’t know about ingredients usually triggers me. I’m excited to be putting real natural flavors into my water! I know my kids will love it too!
While I was sick at Thanksgiving and at Christmas I know I’ll live to fight another day. I’m lucky my family is thoughtful enough to give me some migraine gifts to fight more. The migraine gifts are ones I will use all year long to fight migraine symptoms and continue my fight. I really appreciate migraine gifts because I use so many products throughout the year.
Looking for more name brands and links to migraine gifts? I’ve got lots of gift guides that I am working on each year. Some stay on my list, some drop off while others are added. Check out lots of ideas.